[TowerTalk] Force12 C3 on WARC Bands?

John Langdon jlangdon@outer.net
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 17:34:54 -0500

C3 works well on 12 and 17, but not as well as a WARC-7 for instance, but as
an overall compromise it is great.  You will have to use a tuner on 12 and
17, though.  BTW the C3 is the best "electrical band for your wind load
buck" that I know of. The new C3E adds some performance on 10M.  You will
not be unhappy with either, though.

73 John N5CQ

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-towertalk@contesting.com
[mailto:owner-towertalk@contesting.com]On Behalf Of Jim Mullen
Sent: Sunday, August 20, 2000 4:43 PM
To: towertalk
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force12 C3 on WARC Bands?

I know there are a lot of Force12 users out there. I was wondering what your
thoughts/opinions for it's WARC band performance. The specs state some
forward gain and F/B, do you see this in practice? Any other comments on the
antenna?

I got the Champion Radio report, the C3 sure looks like the best bet for a
smallish antenna on 20, 15 & 10. I'm looking for something that can provide
a one antenna solution for all five bands, but not in the 1K $$ plus price
range. Started out looking seriously at logs (Tennadyne T-8 or T-10), but
the C3 certainly seems interesting. I don't mind reduced gain on the WARC
bands, but want something better than unity.

Thanks in advance for any info,

Jim, WA1ZUH