[TowerTalk] K5IU or KN5M

i4jmy@iol.it i4jmy@iol.it
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 10:51:44 +0200

No way to get 6061t6 aluminium here (at least for moderate quantity)
therefore some yagi tapered elements a friend has to build must be
properly modified to use a more common 6060t6.
A search for some related software on the internet to set diameters,
lenghts and thiknesses and keeping strenght, gave as result a Dos
program named "stress.exe" that appears to be written by David J.
Rodman, KN2M under the headlines of an article published in Ham Radio,
December 1988, by K5IU.
I've not found the source program or the article itself, therefore I
can't evaluate what's the accuracy degree involved in it, althought
some test gave me the feeling that developed numbers are a bit
pessimistic. (whose fact is not inherently negative)
Is there anyone knowing what's the real degree of accuracy of such
stress.exe program ?
If my memory doesn't fail, either K5IU and KN2M should be on TT list.
Thanks in avance for any help.

73,
Mauri I4JMY