[TowerTalk] F12 C3SS & Hy-gain DB1217

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 21:20:24 EDT

In a message dated 08/23/2000 5:16:19 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
sloss@mindspring.com writes:

> Would appreciate performance comments on the C3SS

    The F12 C-3SS works well. It's performance isn't off that much from the
full-sized C-3 (the net gain figures in the F12 catalog are credible,
especially for comparison sake). The C-3 was a FB performer in our tribander
comparison test (available from http://www.championradio.com) so the C-3SS
will be FB as well.

>  and the Hy-gain set for 10 & 15m.

    The Hy-Gain works fine but are you contemplating using them in close
proximity to the C-3? You CANNOT do that without suffering interaction
degradation. Feel free to use the C-3 by itself though.

> Don't have room for a full size 20m reflector unless I start
>  chopping a neighbors tree!.

    You can legally cut down overhanging branches on your property just about
anywhere.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Tower Tech
Champion Radio Products