[TowerTalk] elements hang over lotline

Stu Greene wa2moe@doitnow.com
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 21:11:20 -0700

At 09:24 PM 8/23/00 -0500, you wrote:

>Just curious legal eagles.
>What action can be taken if you yagi crosses a lotline when aimed in certain
>directions?
>
>What action can be taken by new owners when the antenna had been in place
>for many years with verbal permission of previous owners and was in place
>prior to new owners taking possession?
>
>The village has no tower restrictions.
>
>I'm just curious as a nearby ham's turning radius is better than half his
>properties width.
Cute one
Depending on your state, it is entirely possible that an implied license or
right of wway has accrued over time, and unless I knew what the estoppel
period in your state entailed, I won't guess.

You add, in a subsequent post

>The 'nearby ham' claims that there is some sort of 'once it's there for x
>amount of years and no one complains' law.

and he might be right.

Best advice is to have the ham in question try to solve it amicably and
then retain counsel.

73  Stu