[TowerTalk] elements hang over lotline

Avila, Edward EAvila@caiso.com
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 08:44:23 -0700

Actually, it's a little more complicated than that I would strongly
recommend stopping by your local Planning Department and asking these
questions.....you don't need to give them a name of location! Also, be aware
the level of expertise behind the Planning Dept counter and run the gamut so
be sure you get a Planner that knows what he/she is talking about! With
advance knowledge, you will know what can happen if someone complains about
property-line encroachment issues....good luck..../k6sdw

-----Original Message-----
From: sam@severs.com [mailto:sam@severs.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2000 9:03 PM
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Fwd: [TowerTalk] elements hang over lotline

Bill,

Where I live in Fremont, CA the antenna is a "structure" and must remain 5
feet away from the property line...even if it's in the air.  Your neighbors
or just about anyone could complain and cause you to get an abatement
notice.  Any agreement with a previous owner is just that...an agreement
not to lodge a complaint.

If this is your predicament nothing will happen if know one complains to
your local building inspectors.  Most local governments prohibit structures
within 6 feet of each other or within 5 feet of a property line.

Good luck...If someone presses a complaint you will be making some
adjustments.

Sam / WS6S

>From: "Bill Heinzinger" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>
>To: "Tower Talk \(mail list\)" <towertalk@contesting.com>
>Subject: [TowerTalk] elements hang over lotline
>Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 21:24:17 -0500
>Sender: owner-towertalk@contesting.com
>

>Just curious legal eagles.
>What action can be taken if you yagi crosses a lotline when aimed in
certain
>directions?
>
>What action can be taken by new owners when the antenna had been in place
>for many years with verbal permission of previous owners and was in place
>prior to new owners taking possession?
>
>The village has no tower restrictions.
>
>I'm just curious as a nearby ham's turning radius is better than half his
>properties width.

>The two most common things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
>
>w9ol@billnjudy.com           http://www.billnjudy.com
>w9ol@telocity.com
>

>--

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your
enthusiasm....
-Winston Churchill