[TowerTalk] Lightning GROUND switch wanted

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 01:58:46 -0600

Do you really think that lightning would follow the relay
contacts to ground and not arc across to the other side?

Separation is the BEST solution.  Do you have an in-line
connector for your rotor cable?

de  Tom  N4KG

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000 17:15:28 -0600 "Larry Alkoff"
<labradley@mindspring.com> writes:

> I have been disconnecting all coax, rotator lines etc each time I
> finish operating and it's a real PITA.
>
> Can anyone tell me about coax switches and 8 line devices that could
> switch all these lines
> to ground using a SINGLE OFF SWITCH.
>
> Pardon me for shouting but I'm SAT  (sick and tired)  of all the
> individual disconnects.
>
> My disconnects are in the lines _after_ a Polyphaser single ground
> point panel with the proper devices
> and a 12" copper strap out the second floor to ground (approx 30
> feet) so I would _hope_ the strike is dissipated
> at the point of the disconnects.  However, I would feel much better
> knowing that all of those lines
> were switched to ground.
>
> I'm thinking of remotely operated coax switches and 8 pole relays.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks, Larry N2LA

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.