[TowerTalk] Fw: Help with Tri-bander

Paolo Odone paolo@odone.it
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 07:18:03 +0100

I own this model of antenna since 1975.
Is a Thunderbird TH3Mk3.Ordering number 388.

Boom Lenght     14ft.
Boom Diameter    2in.
Longest El.     26ft.
Max.wind sur.   80mph.
Weight          36lbs.
Wind surface    3.4sq.ft.
Wind load(80mph)85lbs.

The only difference from the original one is the boom to mast plate,(not
from HyGain).

It still working at my QTH as a monobander (20' boom lenght; free space gain
>6dbd over 160kHz Bw; abt.19/24 dB F/B; was computer redesigned with K6STI
YO), but now seems that HyGain stopped beam production.
Aluminum, brackets, all the material(except some insulators), are of so
excellent quality, that I buy all used HyGain antennas I can found. (my next
antenna will be an interlaced Yagi using Hy Gain material).

Best 73'
Paul i1odp