[TowerTalk] 10/15 monobander stacks

Steven London n2ic@hotmail.com
Sat, 02 Dec 2000 11:15:38 -0700

I am considering putting up a 3-stack of 15 meter monobanders, and possibly
an interlaced 10 meter stack on the same tower.

Here's the constraints:  A single 120' Rohn 45 tower that currently has a
KLM 3 element 40 @ 120', and a KT-34A @ 115'.  Below that, there are no
antennas.  The 3 element 40 must stay - I have no where else to put it.  The
KT-34A should stay - it's the primary 2nd radio antenna.  The tower is
currently guyed at 30, 60, 90 and 115'.

So...where do I put three 15 meter beams ?  Putting one near the top seems
like a bad idea - the KT-34A is already being clobbered on 15 by proximity
to the 40, so I have no reason to believe the same thing won't happen to a
15 monobander just below the 40.  So, how about putting the top 15 at 90',
just above the 90 foot guys ?  Is that still too close to the 40 ?  The
other two 15's could go at 30 and 60 feet.  Is the 30 foot 15 too low to
bother with, so I should just go with a 2 stack ?

Where could I interlace the 10 meter monobanders, where they would be
effective and not interact with the 15 monobanders ?

Suggestions appreciated !

Steve, N2IC/0