[TowerTalk] Towers, CCRs and high-tension lines

knesbitt knesbitt@nucleus.com
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 22:38:49 -0700

150 yards .. unless its a lower voltage feeder I would keep looking.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-towertalk@contesting.com
[mailto:owner-towertalk@contesting.com]On Behalf Of Alan Braun
Sent: Sunday, December 03, 2000 9:09 PM
To: SMC list; Antenna list; Tower talk
Subject: [TowerTalk] Towers, CCRs and high-tension lines

I'm preparing to move to Des Moines and have been house hunting. Finding a
house big enough to hold my 7 kids that does not have CCR's against outdoor
antennas has been a royal pain, and the 2 real estate guys I've been working
with had only a handful of places to show me. One of them, a very nicely
priced repossession, has some high-tension power lines about 150 yards
behind the house. Does anyone have any experience with these, especially in
terms of how noisy are they? I'm inclined to turn thumbs down on this
particular place for that reason alone but would like to hear the experience
of the assembled multitude first.

Thanks.

Alan Braun NS0B

Alan Braun MD, NS0B