[TowerTalk] Mosley Beam Questions

Eric Moore Eric Moore" <emoore@windemullerelectric.com
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 10:24:09 -0500

Hello guys,

I'm looking into upgrading my station in the spring and realizing Mosley's
long lead time, I will order it know to have in plenty of time for a spring
installation.  I currently use a TH-3JR. and really have to be careful with
my power output.  I have a SB-220 amplifier.

I am undecided between the TA-53-M and the CL-33-M-WARC.

My questions to the group are:

1. Which is more important, forward gain, or front to back ratio?

2.  Should I sacrifice gain on 17M and 12M for better front to back ratio?

3.  Is there another 5 band beam I should consider other than Mosley?

4.  Any other thoughts.

5.  I am aware in the long lead time and are not concerned, as I am also
familiar with the Mosley quality.

I will be mounting this at around 35' and can accommodate around 15sq. ft.
should minimize the number of elements to keep the XYL happy, but are open
to any suggestions!

Thanks,
Eric
K8CCA