[TowerTalk] Heights towers pre-1995 info wanted

Bob Otto Bob Otto <N8NGA@one.net>
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 23:48:25 -0500

Hello Rick,

I'm afraid the question isn't as simple as you might think.  I owned a
Heights Aluminum tower -- just sold it in fact -- and have a new one
coming this month.  The problem with the question you asked is there
isn't enough data.  The wind load for the tower is based on a
combination of the height, and the exact combination of tower
sections you have. You can't compare it to someone else's data
accurately unless they have the exact same configuration.   I still
have the brochure that I received when I bought my first tower.  If
you will tell me the exact configuration you have, I'll see if I can
determine the wind load from the brochure.

73 from.......

Bob Otto
N8NGA@one.net
Cincinnati, Ohio

DXCC 10M         ** DX is !! **        WAS 10M
       There is a very fine line between
         "HOBBY" and "MENTAL ILLNESS"
When trouble arises and things look really bad,
there is always one individual who perceives a
solution and is willing to take command.
      VERY OFTEN THAT PERSON IS CRAZY!