[TowerTalk] Log Periodics

Steve ve3tu@rac.ca
Wed, 06 Dec 2000 22:25:22 +0000

Hi Jerry, I would have both antenna up at the same time, then you can do an A/B
on them. As to which antenna performs the best, it is easy to tell. The one with
the longest boom and the most elements. If you don't live in an ice prone area I
think the two element spider quad is the best bang for the buck. You can have a
4 band 20m 17m 15m 10m quad. They don't usually work good on 12m because the 10m
reflector becomes a 12m director or the 12m director becomes a 10m reflector.
But dbs per buck you can't beat them.
PS To make the quad play you should have separate feeds for each band and a
switch box.

gl with the antenna project es 73 Steve VE3TU