[TowerTalk] Nothing Lasts Forever - Has It Been That Long?

Byron Peebles nz3o@arrl.net
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 20:32:33 -0500

I was shocked to see how long my low-pass filter sat on the shelf!

BUT NOTICE this customer support reply was sent on a SUNDAY!

73, Byron

>Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 19:12:24 -0500
>From: Jeffrey Engel <custsrvc@bwantennas.com>
>To: Byron Peebles <nz3o@arrl.net>
>Subject: Re: B&W Low Pass Transmitter Filter
>

>Byron Peebles wrote:
>
> > Good Day!!
> >
> > I have a B&W Low Pass filter for use on the output of an HF amateur
> > radio transmitter.  This unit is riveted together and cannot be easily
> opened.
> >
> > When I shake the unit (never abused, never dropped, lots of time in box)
> > there is a rattle, as if a small part or solder was bouncing loose.
> >
> > I assume it would be a bad idea to use this with a rattle.
> >
> > If it cost effective to repair these units, or should I simple plan to
> > replace it?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Byron
> > nz3o@arrl.net
>
>I have no idea as to the construction of that unit - we have not riveted
>filters
>for more than 15 years or so.
>
>We have not made any filters for several years now, so we cannot assist in
>repairs.

      My ISP, verizon.com, is experiencing capacity challenges.  My EMail
may be delayed.