[TowerTalk] Can take-off angle be too low?

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 06:23:54 -0600

Hi Ken,

Understand.  I have often wondered if the TH6 just doesn't
perform well on 10M.  BUT,  before the TH6 was installed,
there was a MOSLEY 2L triband Quad (triple gamma match)
on the same tower with the same result.

I have power lines to the North and have noticed that NONE
of the referenced antennas play well to JA.  They are lined
up in ascending order (40 ft , then 60 ft, then 80 ft) to the
south of the power lines so that each antenna's ground
reflection wave is in line with the power lines.

When I rotated a 5L10 at 45 ft from EU to JA on a back
tower (300 ft from the power lines), it immediately became
my best 10M antenna to JA.  Unfortunately it was damaged
by blowing tree limbs during a small tornado (and low sunspots)
and has not been replaced.

de Tom  N4KG

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.