[TowerTalk] Force 12 C49XR improving boom-mast attachment?

david feldman wb0gaz@hotmail.com
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 08:27:11 -0700

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Anyway, what are the issues around improving this? With only four saddle clamps around the mast it seems there is very little contact area, leaving a tendency to slip. I have not pinned the mast at the rotator either (the rotator's friction clamp seems much more robust with better contact area), as I figured that would be the mechanical "fuse" if there was a torque problem (saving the rotator itself.)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Given the WX it's not going to get fixed until spring unless it begins freewheeling, so there is time to plan.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Tnx,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>73 Dave WB0GAZ <A href="mailto:wb0gaz@hotmail.com">wb0gaz@hotmail.com</A></DIV>