[TowerTalk] frost on a antenna

Bill Heinzinger w9ol@billnjudy.com
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 15:36:44 -0600

When my tower is nested fully, the boom is about 1 foot higher than my
chimney.
If the antenna is directed east or west the boom is over the flue pipe and
it's warm gases.
I noticed this morning that there was that white (I think it's called
'hoarfrost') on the section of boom and elements above the flue pipe.

It's natural gas furnace and water heater that is exhausting at that point.

Does the frost or the natural gas combustion byproducts cause any damage?

I've raised it up some to give it more clearance now that the winter storm
is over but was curious.

"The problem with the gene pool is there are no lifeguards."

w9ol@billnjudy.com           http://www.billnjudy.com
w9ol@telocity.com