[TowerTalk] Homebrew Towers & Liability

Greg Gobleman k9zm@frontiernet.net
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 07:37:41 -0600

Oh Boy, fuel to the fire.

I know of a wooden windmill type tower in Lincoln, IL that belonged to the
late N9AI. ( hope that hasn't been reissued )   It is roughly 45 feet tall
and had a 3 or 4 element tribander and a 2 meter antenna on it for nearly
all the time I can remember.  It also sported a big star which was lit at
Christmas time.  It's been up longer than I have been around and is still
there today minus the antennas and I am going to be 44 next year.  So I
would guess this structure is 50 years old at present.  That's a long time
for a wooden structure outdoors.

73
Greg K9ZM