[TowerTalk] Homebrew Towers & Liability

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 11:11:06 -0500

At 08:58 AM 12/14/00 -0700, Wes & Linda wrote:
>Now to your concern.  If my Rohn tower falls down and somehow damages
>someone or some thing, do you really think that the fact the Rohn has
>insurance is going to do *me* any good?  Rohn's insurance carrier's lawyers
>are going to say, "Nope, not our fault.  The guys weren't tight, the base
>was too small, the dirt was too soft, and the moon was full when he put up
>the tower.  Sorry."
>
>So, I carry a million buck property insurance policy and sleep well.

This additional liability coverage costs so little as an addition to the
average homeowner's policy that I think anyone with a tower should have it.
   My tower and antennas are already covered for damage or destruction at
full replacement cost as an "appurtenant structure"(I *think* that's the
term).

73, Pete N4ZR

Contesting is ... Extreme Radio

The World Contest Station Database