[TowerTalk] Quad spreaders

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 20:09:40 -0600

Mosley and HyGain once produced triband Quads
using aluminum spreaders broken up with plastic
insulators (which often became brittle and broke
after ice storms...at least that is what happened
to my Mosley Quads.  Worked GREAT when
they were in one piece).

de Tom  N4KG

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000 04:27:48 -0800 Tom Osborne <w7why@harborside.com>
writes:

> Hi All
>
> A few (more than I like to think) years ago, I bought a Gotham 2
> element tri-band quad.  It only cost $27.50 for the whole
> shebang.  After putting it up I had a ball with it for quite a
> few years until a windstorm finally retired it into a big tree
> next to the house.
> Now, after using it successfully for a long time, probably
> working 150-175 countries with it, I see that aluminum won't work
> for quad spreaders.  Has anyone modeled a 2 el quad with aluminum
> spreaders and how much does it affect pattern/FB/etc.  It sure
> seems like it is a lot easier to build one that way instead of
> going to the fiberglass type spreaders.
> Thanks and hope Santa is good to everyone!!!  Happy Holidays.
> Tom W7WHY
>
> --

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.