[TowerTalk] Re: Can takeoff angle be too low?

Bill Tippett btippett@alum.mit.edu
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 11:59:12 +0000

Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 17:58:15 -0800
From: "R. Dean Straw" <n6bv@arrl.org>
Subject: Error in W4G-EU.PRN
To: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>

Bill/Pete:

I found a really obscure bug in my software. Here's a corrected W4G-EU.PRN
file that applies to Atlanta, GA, to Europe. You'll notice that the range of
elevation angles on 10 meters especially is more reasonable!

Thanks for questioning this and thus getting me to look further into the
phenomenon.

Feel free to post this to the reflector. I'll be getting the information up
on the ARRL Web site.  (http://www.arrl.org/notes/antbook/yt-files.html)

73, Dean, N6BV

        Here are the old and new numbers...now they are more similar to EU
statistics for AL, DC, NC, TN and WV.  Tnx for adding NC Dean! ..de W4ZV)

TOA (Degrees)     Old GA %            New GA % (do not total 100% due to
1                   0                   9.5    visual interpolation error)
2                   0                  10.5
3                   8                  10.5
4                  15                  12
5                  19                  12.5
6                   8                  10.5
7                  19                   5.5
8                   8                   7
9                  11                   5.5
10                 11                   7
11                  0                   1
12                  0                   3
13                  0                   1
14                  0                   1
15                  0                   0.5
16                  0                   2