[TowerTalk] Quad spreaders

Arsk0jn@aol.com Arsk0jn@aol.com
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 12:25:40 EST

I also had a Mosley metal quad back in the 60's. The problem was that it
would not stand up in an ice storm and I was constantly replacing pieces in
the spreaders. I replaced the spreaders with fiberglass pole-vaulting poles
that someone advertised in QSL many years back and it stayed up for 26 years
without any problems. I continued to use the Mosley gamma match. UV-rays
finally got the poles. How good was it? Well...it got me to the top of the
Honor Roll until P5RS7 was disqualified and many other top awards, like the
WPX Award of Excellence --and that's from a city lot in Kansas City and a
modest tower.
Joe, K0JN