[TowerTalk] Crank-UP Tower Cables.-WD40

K7GCO@aol.com K7GCO@aol.com
Tue, 26 Dec 2000 07:05:37 EST

In a message dated 12/25/00 7:48:06 AM Pacific Standard Time, n4kg@juno.com
writes:

<< I suspect there has been a CHANGE in the
 contents of WD-40.  MY can makes NO
 reference to lubrication and states that it
 contains ONLY petrolium distillates.
 Bottom line: READ the LABEL.

 de  Tom  N4KG

On WD-40 I reported before that Even Paul Harvey reported that people are
using it on arthritis.  I knife maker I know uses it on his hands for pain.
It don't make sence with petrolium distiliates.

There are now over 100 fishermen I've talked to that swear by it for spaying
their hooks or bait.  I'll try it myself on bull heads in SD.  To work here I
felt it had to have a fish oil in it.  I also felt it had to have DMSO in it
to penetrate parts or carry it into the skin and body for pain relief.  Fish
oil in the body wouldn't be toxic but petrolium distilates would be.

I now have a conclusion that the reason it works on hooks and bait is the
petrolium distilates kill the human sent which is a big factor and they like
the taste of petrolium.  I'm told that the fisherman in Ballard (Seattle) use
Joy soap and Bon Ami on bait.  That can be only to kill human scent.  A
friend was a great fisherman and started smoking. He couldn't catch anything
during this time until he figured out it was the smoke scent on his finger
that touched the bait.  He wore rubber gloves and started catching fish again.

A successful derby fisherman was giving me tips on fishing for Salmon which
also told of keeping fingers off the bait.  I asked if there was any tips for
bull heads in SD.  He said alway put the tail end of a worm on the hook
first.  I said "Roy, tell me how you tell the head from the tail."  He said
"that's simple, roll the worm in flower and wait for it to fart."  I fell for
it hook, line and sinker."  k7gco