[TowerTalk] Cell phone radiation to the head

David Jordan wa3gin@erols.com
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 10:53:11 -0500

Correction BOB,

Billions of dollars have not been spent on researching the effects of
cell phone radiation on "human" brain tissue, brain functions, eye
tissue, etc...

It is a known fact that the technology necessary to gauge the effects of
cell phone radiation on the human brain, eyes and nearby tissues has yet
to be developed.

I'm aware of only one effort relative to tissue concerns and that test
was performed on pig tissue using the older analog cell units...the
results were not conclusive.

Many of the common sense reasons people don't smoke apply to the use of
hand-held cell phones.  Why take on long term risk for short term
convenience...

Other than not using a hand held unit the hands free earphone/mics are a
good alternative precaution.  Keep the transmission device as far away
from you vital organs as possible.

This month the UK ordered safety labeling for hand held cell phones
similar to the labeling on cigarette packs.

Surely, forty years from now we'll all know a lot more about these
concerns but it might be too late for those kids whose mom's have
already given phones to as a convenience!

I strongly agree with Bob that the media sensationalizes, distorts and
usually creates the news rather than report it, but that topic has
nothing to do with antennas, HAHA.

Have Fun and Be Safe,
dave
WA3GIN