[TowerTalk] CQ CQ- Balloon Needed!

Dave Hachadorian k6ll@juno.com
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 13:21:23 -0700

On Wed, 27 Dec 2000 11:55:59 EST RLVZ@aol.com writes:
> Balloon needed for launching a 160 meter wire antenna!
>
> I spoke with Fair Radio Sales but they no longer have them.  Please
> advise if
> you know where I can purchase a balloon for this important antenna
> project!
>
> Thank You!
> K9OM

Try your local party supply store to see if they have, or can order
for you, a five foot diameter latex balloon. If not, two
three-footers should do the job on a lightweight wire. One
three-footer is not enough. The party store should have some
plastic clips to seal the end of the balloon. These clips make
the balloon reusable, and allow you to add helium. Just hope
the wind doesn't blow.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com