[TowerTalk] CC & Rs...How to REALLY know

LYN Williams designserv@ipass.net
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 18:29:14 -0500

Alan Braun wrote:

> I've just been through this. The only way to know for sure is to check in
> the county recorder's office for the county in question. In most states, to
> be valid, CCR's have to be filed there along with the title. If the property
> is part of a subdivision you may need to ask if there is a blanket set of
> restrictions filed for the subdivision (know the name of the subdivision
> before you call).

Be aware that this may not be adequate.  I researched numerous titles
in my subdivision and found a peculiar document which was signed at
ONE of the property sales.  My title search attorney assured me that
it set a precedent for all subsequent sales in the subdivision and was
probably enforceable for all subsequent sales of other lots even
though none of the subsequent purchasers of other lots had been made
aware of it.

 Lyn, W4WDN