[TowerTalk] Telephone Poles

K7GCO@aol.com K7GCO@aol.com
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 20:53:01 EST

In a message dated 01.02.00 17:12:26 Pacific Standard Time, w7ni@teleport.com
writes:

<<
 I don't know about you, but I moved around a LOT in my
 younger days while my career was still developing.  I think
 my wife and I lived in 17 different houses and apartments
 during a 20 year period.  Anyway, the one telephone pole I
 had during that time did not move with me.  It was 110 feet
 long and weighed 4500 pounds.  I sold it locally.  Anyway, I
 easily moved two 100+ foot guyed towers from the East coast
 to the West coast in a moving truck right along with my
 other household goods.  So if your career is still
 developing, you might consider what you are going to do
 about your firmly planted and very heavy telephone pole
 (which will not fit nicely into a moving van) at your next
 move.

 Stan  w7ni@teleport.com

Stan, the idea was to get used ones or cheap ones whether you move around or
not.  I suggested adding 4 slopers to it for a dual purpose of other antennas
and additional safety if needed in a big storm.  I have an idea of getting
used pipe casings for a sleeve in the ground and up the pole for a ways for
used poles. When installing a beam, lower the slopers and it's still rigid.
When you moved did you leave the concrete base there or did you take that
along also?   K7GCO