[TowerTalk] Hy-Gain 3 el 40M

Mel Martin mel@interlink.net
Wed, 09 Feb 2000 09:29:32 -0500

George said:
>While I have never tried to make a three element version, I have
>owned two 402BAs

This is not the same antenna... though similar...
I also had a 402BA and lost it in an ice storm back in the eighties. It
is the later Explorer series. I am in a windy, cold location... the 150'
tower is the highest thing around in a winswept area... perhaps part of
the problem...

The second time I took the antenna down, 4 of the six linear loading
wires had cracked due to metal fatigue... no wonder it didn't work!

--

Mel Martin
mel@interlink.net