[TowerTalk] Rohn Fold Overs

thompson@mindspring.com thompson@mindspring.com
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 12:26:59 -0500

The Rohn fold over towers (they make both a 25 and 45 version) are excellent
if you want to work on your antennas without climbing.
I know of several installations and they all have given good results.   One
ham (now a SK) had his 68 foot 25 in at least two locations
(Vicksburg, Mississippi and Kennesaw, GA) over 25 years.  He could not keep
quads up, but the fold over worked great.   He did have a problem with the
fold over mechanism (after 20+ years) but Rohn provided a replacement
quickly.   I would not recommend stacking beams on the 68' 25 version but
the 45 version can easily stack a 2 el 40 and 24' tri-bander.

73 Dave K4JRB