[TowerTalk] old tower - identify ?

warren munro wmunro@lava.net
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 08:13:57 -1000

Anyone remember back to the 50s or 60s ?

I have a 2 section crank-up tower, 20 foot sections, horizontal bracing only.

QST ads from the 50s identify the outer (base) section as a Rohn "6G", 12
1/2 inches on a side, though there is no ID plate or tag now.  It was
ex-military when I got it some years ago.

Does anyone recall the nomenclature for the INNER (crankup) section
measuring about 9 1/2 inches on a side, or what the whole 2 section
crank-up assembly was called, or even if this was a Rohn product ?

Many thanks and 73, Warren  KH6WM