[TowerTalk] QST antenna ad policy

K4SB k4sb@mindspring.com
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 16:40:33 +0000

Jim Rhodes wrote:

> I get a kick out of the company that says "Our gain figures are so high
> that QST won't let us print them". I don't think they will be submitting
> models.

In itself, a model is simply not sufficient. The antenna should
be tested on a antenna range. I find it hard to believe that the
antenna companies cannot afford a few acres of land. The SEVHF
society every year gets to use the VHF/UHF range at Dobbins AF
base, and of those few commercials tested, none of them come
close to the gain figures, while the carefully built homebrews
are really
something.

73
Ed