[TowerTalk] US Tower broken cable, et al.

D. Rodman, MD rodman@acsu.buffalo.edu
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 23:08:57 -0500 (EST)

Spoke to US Tower today.  Bruce was very kind to get his shop to
manufacture a cable assembly for me and promised to get it out so that it
is here this week.  However, professional liability being what it is
today, he was helpfully unhelpfull in suggestions as to how to handle the
repair.  He wanted photos of the installation and put me in contact with
an installer in New Jersey.  He asked many questions about the tower.
Basically, it looks like cable was rusted.  When asked, he informed me the
tower needs to be retracted, antennas moved so that the structure can be
lowered and the repairs made while tower is horizontal on the ground.  73,
Dave

David J. Rodman, MD

Assistant Clinical Professor
Department of Ophthalmology