[TowerTalk] Notes on stacking open sleeve and dipole feed antennas

Dan Levin djl@andlev.com
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 08:09:11 -0800

I have published in the most recent issue of antenneX and on my web site
what I hope will be the first of a series of useful articles.  This one
stems from some work that W6BDN and I did with the help of W4RNL, WX0B and
W6TC to stack a direct dipole feed 10 meter monoband yagi under my Force 12
C-3E.

The executive summary is that the open sleeve feed system of the C-3 induces
a significant phase delay on 10 meters that must be taken into account when
stacking such a tribander with dissimilar antennas.  If this delay is
corrected for, it is not only possible but not that hard to get excellent
results.

I hope that others find this information useful.