[TowerTalk] Re: USING KT34XA BOOM ON 40 MTRS

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 00:10:59 -0600

The problem with the XA is that the elements are isolated from
the boom which prevents the end loading effect of grounded
elements.

If you grounded the center of the end elements to the boom
then you would have the needed capacitive loading at the
ends of the boom.  Theoretically this should have no effect
on the XA.

Another approach which a friend used on his 4L Quad
was to fabricate some reducers and stick some 20M
elements in each end making a nearly full size 40M
element which he gamma matched.

73 / GL,  Tom  N4KG

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000 20:44:06 -0600 "nollamidzich"
<nollamidzich@email.msn.com> writes:
> Tom,
> I am new to the reflector and am trying to find out if it is
> possible to use the kt 43xa boom as a 40 mtr element. I saw some
> references in the archives about using other tribander booms but not
> the "xa". Can you help me out? Any info would be appreciated. Tks,
> Noll W9RN

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.