[TowerTalk] TA-33 HELP AGAIN

Mark . n1lo@hotmail.com
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 08:38:27 EST

Bill wrote
<<snip..I jumped ahead and opened the remaining traps
and found that the traps sets do indeed contain the correct
number of turns but in both the reflector and director one of
the coil forms has been separated and the coil slightly spread...snip>>

Hey Bill, this reminded me that Tony's beam also had cracked coil forms and
one or two turns were slightly separated, just as you described. Rather than
risk further damage, we left the coil forms  undisturbed and gently
refreshed the binding screw contact, taking care not to overtighten the
scres and further stress the assembly.

Even with the coil problem, the SWR was still quite acceptable.

Good Luck!

--...MARK_N1LO...--