[TowerTalk] Straighten that Tower!

ValErwin@aol.com ValErwin@aol.com
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 01:10:15 EST

Fritz:

You truly are in a frustrating position.  An old friend and now SK had
something similar happen to him with a TriEx tower.  He went back and forth
with the trucking firm, never getting any solution to the problem.  The only
thing that was happening was that he was not getting his beam up.

Then, I hit upon a solution which at first he thought was crazy. But in the
end,all was well! As it turned out, I had a non-ham friend that owned an
automobile body shop.  In that shop, he had a frame straightening machine.
Yup!   That's right, we loaded that tower onto my tandem axle trailer and
took it across town and secured it to the frame machine. When we got through,
 only an expert could tell that it had ever been bent! Of course, my body
shop friend knew exactly how much to "tweak" here, there, and other side,
etc. until it was just right.

At least, this presents you with an option --

GL

Val
W5PUT