[TowerTalk] Wind Gauges: Summary

Gary McDuffie, Sr. mcduffie@scottsbluff.net
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 16:28:45 -0700

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000 14:09:33 -0500, Guy Olinger, K2AV wrote:

> I suspect you were getting microbursts, unless you know you took on a
> tornado.

You've got to live in the area to believe the winds that can happen in
the Boulder area.  I've lived "around" it for 20+ years, and I'm still
amazed when I hear the peak winds Boulder has.  It's not a tornado, and
not a hurricane.  It's called venturi effect, and involves straight line
winds.  It happens over there more frequently than most people would
believe.

Gary
--
Please notify your ISP if you don't receive this.