[TowerTalk] Relays for High Power

Don Moman ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 17:36:33 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000 K3SV@aol.com wrote:

> I am looking at some Potter Brumfield relays/switches to remotely switch in
> contacts be on the PB relays?  Will 5 amps be adequate?

Maybe... but more is better.  I have used the P&B type RKS-5DW-12 which
are 16 amps at 277 vac.  These are the exact same as used in the DX
Engineering remote ant switch. I have homebrewed many antenns relays with
these and zero problems.  I also have used the much cheaper ($3 vs $9)
Omron (I think) JS1-12v which are 10 amps at 125 vac. Again zero problems
in heavy multi op contesting over several years.

73 Don
VE6JY

VE6JY  Don Moman               email: ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Box 127 Lamont, Alberta        email forwarding: ve6jy@rac.ca