[TowerTalk] TA-33 Help

Bill Hawkins w5ec@digitalexp.com
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 19:50:31 -0600

A couple of weeks ago I asked about rebuilding a real old TA-33.
Thanks to all for the help. Here is what happened.
The cleanup went fine except for 2 broken coil forms which
I left as is. Used noalox on the joints and new ss screws.
Mounted it on a push up mast and gave it a trial run at 20
feet. Ten and 15 were dead and I was disappointed with
results on 20 as signals were better on the vertical.
Yesterday I pushed it up to 30 feet (max) and tried again.
Today signals were better on all bands and contacts were
easy on 10 and 15. First contact was on 10 with FH/G3SXW
on second call. I want to try 20 with VK0MM!
I think it will work ok at this temporary QTH until I get permanent
with tower etc. I now await  A5, BS7H, P5 andVU4.
Thanks again.
Bill W5EC