[TowerTalk] X9 / Skywalker

W4MS@aol.com W4MS@aol.com
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 13:41:44 EST

In a message dated 1/28/00 2:27:43 PM Pacific Standard Time, ValErwin@aol.com
writes:

<< I have not seen any Skywalker activity on this reflector -- perhaps not
yet
 available? >>

The name of the Bencher antenna is the Skyhawk.  Skywalker is from a galaxy
far, far, away.

Yes it is available.  I have one and the performance appears to be right in
line with what the manufacturer claims.  Unfortunately the only other antenna
I have to compare the Skyhawk to is an R7.  The Skyhawk is never worse than
the R7 and only very rarely was the R7 even close to the Skyhawk.

For those who might not be familar with the Skyhawk, it is basically three
monoband antennas all on a common boom.  Three elements on 20 and 15, and
four on 10.  A common open sleeve feed is used.  Gain, SWR bnadwidth, and
front-to-back seem to match the specs (although I haven't done exhaustive
testing).  Boom lenght is about 23 feet.

73 de Mike W7OT