[TowerTalk] A "good deal"

K7GCO@aol.com K7GCO@aol.com
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 18:11:30 EST

In a message dated 28.01.00 21:30:29 Pacific Standard Time,
georgekr5c@juno.com writes:

<< Subj:     Re: [TowerTalk] A "good deal"
 Date:  28.01.00 21:30:29 Pacific Standard Time
 From:  georgekr5c@juno.com (George W Lee)
 To:    K7GCO@aol.com

 I like your style!
 I REALLY LIKE YOUR STYLE ALSO!
 Glad to see someone with information except how
 to make yogi's perform as they should.

 I use the yogi's, but I know the value of Quads and
 hope sometime in the future to be able to put one
 (or more) up.  We have few heavy icing condx here
 and would not normally cause much problem in that
 respect.
     MOST MFGS. UNDER BUILD QUADS MECHANICALLY AND ELECTRICALLY
 TO SAVE MONEY AND IT GIVE THE QUAD A BAD NAME IT DOESN'T
 DESERVE WHICH STILL HANGS ON AND RESISTS ENLIGHTENMENT. OVER
 BUILD IT AND IT WILL TAKE THE HEAVY LOADS.  LOOK AT ANTENNA MARTS
 COMPLETE DESIGN.

    WOULD YOU BELIEVE THERE IS A SPECIAL OVEN IN HELL FOR THESE QUAD AND YAGI
UNDER BUILDERS WHO CATER TO THE TIGHT BUDGET BUYERS AS HAM RADIO IS LIVING
OFF RETIREE'S AND SS NOW.  THERE IS AN ADJACENT OVEN ALSO FOR THESE BUYERS.
THEY STILL DO BUSINESS WITH INFRARED HEAT BEAMS THERE ALSO WITH THEIR AIR
CONDITIONING AND HEAT TAN CREAM BUDGET MONEY.
     A lot of the hams here on the reflector are nit pickers
 and spend all their time picking instead of operating. OR USING EZNEC.
    IT'S UNFORTUNATE THAT "POLITICALLY CORRECT THINKING" HAS TO EXIST IN THE
TECHNICAL HOBBY FIELDS ALSO.
     It is a great reflector but I can ably weed out most of the
 BS and still have some fun too.
 I AGREE.
 73, George KR5C
 I had nothing when I started and still have most of it.
 THAT'S A GREAT LINE.
  K7GCO