[TowerTalk] inside/outside

K7GCO@aol.com K7GCO@aol.com
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 13:56:21 EDT

In a message dated 7/6/00 6:30:03 AM Pacific Daylight Time, w3svj@juno.com
writes:

<<
 Try the sporting goods store. They have an assortment of bore cleaning
 brushes for fire arms that should take you through 1/2 inch ID (45/50
 CAL?). Larger than that may require a trip to the military surplus
 depot, 105 155 MM etc. You might say that's where the "big guns" go for
 antenna maintenance products, then again you might not.

 73 de Nate, W3SVJ, in Pittsburgh where it's not so smokey anymore.
 _ >>

   As a shooter I liked you "big gun" analogy.  At stores that sells nuts and
bolts, they often have steel brushes of different diameters above 1/2 inch
that are ideal for cleaning the insides of aluminum tubing.  I've even made a
holder for the end of a 12' length of tubing for steel brushes to clean the
insides of tubing full length.  With quads and 1 permanently soldered
joint/element you need all this hardware.  K7GCO