[TowerTalk] Lubrication of Crankup tower Cables

Chuck Kresge du3nxe@mozcom.com
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 05:17:11 +0800

Gentlemen-

I have a new US Tower TX-455 crankup. The tower is cranked down and I am
about to apply grease to the points of the sections that slide against each
other as the tower moves up and down. The tower came with a minimum of
grease on the rails.

I am wondering if it is advisable to apply grease to the cable of the Fulton
winch. Nothing in the Fulton or US Tower literature mentions this. It would
appear to be advisable to reduce the friction wear on the cable as it is
rolled on the drum as the tower goes up.

Does anyone have any advice for me on this subject? And lubrication of
crankup towers in general.

Many thanks for any help-Chuck Kresge DU3NXE du3nxe@mozcom.com