[TowerTalk] Rohn 45 Help Needed (KG4FDR)

blueglow blueglow@mindspring.com
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 23:25:37 -0400

I just bought 50' of Rohn 45 tower (4 straight and 1 capped sections) and
baseplate.  They are all in excellent shape.  I plan to erect it to support
a tailtwister rotor and a tri-bander beam (mosley pro-57b).

I have a few questions if those of you with experience could help out:
1- Could I use this as a free-standing tower with the proper base at 50'?
If not, suggestions on guying.
2- I need 5 j-bolts for the base.  I am looking for a good source of these.
3- I could use any suggestions on proper base construction for this tower.
4- I need a good source for rotor cable for my tailtwister.
5- Any other suggestions would be great for this summer project.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Mark
KG4FDR
blueglow@mindspring.com