[TowerTalk] Lubrication of Crankup Tower Cables

Dick Flanagan dick@libelle.com
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 21:19:53 -0700

>I agree that applying grease to the cables is not a good idea but will apply
>a thin coating of WD40. And replace the cables every few years.

Champion Radio Products carries a product called ProLube that is
designed specifically for the wire rope used in crank-up towers.  It is
a fine lubricant that soaks in to prevent corrosion through to the
core, not just on the outside.

One can is sufficient to lube all the cable in my 72 foot US Tower.  I
lube all the cables and pullys each year during my annual inspection.

See
http://www.championradio.com/cgi-bin/WebStore/web_store.cgi?page=misc.html

73, Dick

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db (South of Reno)
Visit http://www.cvrc.net/