[TowerTalk] Tower Bird Strikes "Proven"

Stephen Vinson kd4wiw@ipass.net
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 22:57:38 -0400

Dick Flanagan wrote:

> Possible ammunition that could be used against tower installations.
>
> See http://www.cnn.com/2000/NATURE/07/07/birddeaths.ap/
>
> 73, Dick
> --

Not that I'm an expert ... but I do have a 145' tower in my back yard
and have yet to have a bird collide with it that I'm aware of.  For an
animal that can see and catch an insect in mid air I find it hard to
believe they simply do not see a tower.

Now flying into a microwave transmission at close range ... I could see
that.  But I have yet to see any of the swallows that dart in and out of
my yard after airborn insects I really have to differ with the
bird/tower collision epidemic.

Maybe I do need to light my tower ... HeeHee

Steve
KD4WIW

E-mail:  kd4wiw@ipass.net
Home Page:  http://www.ipass.net/~kd4wiw/
Packet:  KD4WIW@W4RAL.#RTP.NC.USA.NOAM
        TOWERS ARE BEAUTIFUL !!!!

Stephen "Pusher" Vinson
VROC #2858, VRA # 1-13-28A-800B4, Iron Eagles MC
'99 800 Classic, Gray/Black; Piped, jetted
Zebulon, North Carolina

http://www.ipass.net/~kd4wiw/vulcan.html
E-mail: kd4wiw@ipass.net