[TowerTalk] Birds

WA9ALS - John jfleming@shelbynet.net
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 10:00:02 -0500

> Maybe it's the natural selection process at work.  This is just nature's
> way of getting rid of 'stupid' birds.
>
> How many run into trees?
>
> 73 de Steve, NR4M

Funny - Wonder what all happens in nature that we never/rarely see?  I have
3 labradors - The other day I just happened to see the biggest one running
after something full-tilt.  From his history of chasing my truck down the
driveway, that was probably about 25 MPH.  I saw him run full tilt into a
large tree!  Loud THUNK - His head stopped and the rest of his body swung
around to the side from the momentum.  He looked a little dazed for a
moment, then off he went again.  Maybe I should install some "crash guards"
around the base of the TOWER?  Surprises me that people worry about such
things as birds running into towers and trees.