Fw: [TowerTalk] Bird Kills

Paul Finch paulfinch@email.msn.com
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 13:41:34 -0500

 Hello,

I am going to try and send this again, I have tried several times to respond
to this subject and seems my subimissions have been bounced more than they
have been accepted.  I will try one more time.  I thought my problem was
that I was hitting the reply button but this last one did not go through
either sending it as a forwarded message.  I also deleted the previous
message and will see if it goes through this time.

This whole thing is ploy by the anti-tower lobby trying to find
another way to stop new construction of towers.  Yes, there are some birds
that fly into the towers and that is a shame, I really like to watch the
Hawks fly around the top of my 500 foot commercial tower here in Texas, one
has yet to fly into it.  What would these same people say if all of the
existing towers had to come down to
"protect" the bird population, it would happen if they had their way.  All
of a sudden their cell phones, pagers wireless Internet and Cable TV to
mention a few would quit working!  It seems to me that "we" the silent
majority are again being manipulated by the vocal minority!

In the year and half that my 500 foot tower has been up the only bird I have
found
dead (a dove) was around 150 feet from the tower.

Don't get me wrong, this is a very organized effort by these people, one
that we as Amateurs and Commercial Tower owners like myself must take very
seriously!

Paul
WB5IDM