[TowerTalk] Telrex Balun

Greg Gobleman k9zm@frontiernet.net
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 17:23:28 -0500

The antenna does use a hairpin.  This coil was in the fiber box that they
used to enclose their Balun.  I think at the time they might have referred
to it as a "compensating coil".  I may try the homebrew toroid balun when
it's down next time.  I got rid of all my bead Baluns, but they were all the
poorer quality stuff anyway.

Pete, when you say antenna analyzer, are you using an MFJ or something
fancier?

Tom, your right, it's junk.  But when it was designed and built it was
nearly state of the art.

I don't know what Arne will decide to do about his Telrex Balun, but I may
replace my antenna if things go as planned.

73
Greg K9ZM