[TowerTalk] 45G guy anchors

wa4dou@juno.com wa4dou@juno.com
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 02:40:06 -0400

How high is your tower going to be? What is the very highest wind speed
it'll be subjected to, and for how long? What is the maximum amount of
antenna windloading you're going to put on it? What is the makeup of your
soil? If it was me, i'd use the "buried concrete" type. Initial plans for
rather modest setups have a way of changing as ones desires advance.
Also, you can sleep better at night knowing theres real concrete in the
ground holding those "J" hooks in place! :o) 73 Roy WA4DOU

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000 18:42:47 EDT TheMardster@cs.com writes:

> Thanks to everyone who answered my question about 25G Vs 45G. Of
> course, the
> answers were 100% in favor of 45G. So 45G it is...now for my next
> question.
> Is it okay to use screw-in guy anchors, or must I stick with the
> buried
> concrete type?
>
> Thanks for all your help!
>
> Regards,