[TowerTalk] News from Bencher

Ken Hirschberg calav@flash.net
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 17:16:44 -0700

Hi, all - A bit of history, which some of you may already know:  The open
sleeve feed was invented by Dr. Boljhan while he was at SRI in the 50's.
What our innovative friend Tom Schiller patented, was using it for more than
2 frequencies!  From recent discussions with a patent attorney,  and as Tom
Rauch pointed out, patents are easier to get now; the patent office seems to
be granting easily, and shoving all the arguing out to the courts.
 73, Ken